• Firefighters save house in Vt. town
    April 30,2013
     

    SOUTH HERO — A fire has damaged a home in South Hero, Vt., affiliated with a therapeutic horseback riding program.

    When the fire department originally received the call at about 11:15 p.m. Sunday, the caller said residents were trapped in the home.

    The Grand Isle Fire Department and South Hero Rescue were also dispatched to respond. Upon arrival, the fire departments learned that everyone had made it out of the home. No injuries were reported.

    The fire had extended into the attic, but the fire departments were able to extinguish the fire and save much of the home. Damages were over $15,000.

    Firefighters say it appears the fire was accidental.

    The fire department says the building’s tenant is the Champlain Adaptive Riding Center in South Hero.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    BURLINGTON — Bill Lee is fielding so many phone calls he’s beginning to have second thoughts... Full Story
    ‘Spaceman’ winds up for gov race
    RANDOLPH — Environmental activists gathered Wednesday at the home of the commissioner of the... Full Story
    BARRE — Democratic gubernatorial candidate Sue Minter unveiled her plan to stimulate economic... Full Story
    Candidate Minter unveils her economic plan
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS