Ban toxic flame retardants
An alert for legislators to vote for bill S.81 proposing to expand the state’s ban on toxic flame retardant chemicals in consumer products.
It is a misconception that it is a minority of sensitive individuals who become affected by harmful chemicals added to consumer products that are commonly used everyday. In fact the exact opposite is true; healthy individuals are being compromised and sickened by an overload of chemicals we are forced to be exposed to beyond our control or knowledge.
Scientific evidence shows that toxicity from chemical exposure is largely contributing to the rise in chronic illnesses such as asthma, allergies, thyroid, and fertility problems, let alone known for being cancer causing and creating neurotoxicity.
It is unnecessary for people to be forced to breathe in unseen/unknown chemicals from our furniture, bedding, toys and consumer products, especially when safer alternatives exist. Studies show these retardants don’t even actually protect us from fires.
We need clean air, water and food to remain healthy, let’s move one step closer by passing this legislation. Keep unnecessary chemicals out of our everyday lives!
GranitevilleMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed