If you’re a fan of Super Bowl ads, here are 10 to look out for during Sunday’s game. With more than 111 million people expected to tune in, it’s advertising’s biggest showcase.
1. Samsung Mobile’s 2-minute ad with “Knocked Up” actors Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen, directed by Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”). The company has not released details about the ad’s plot other than to say that it shows Rogen and Rudd on a “quest to become the next big thing.” Teaser here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfAdmAtYIY
2. Best Buy’s 30-second ad in the first quarter stars Amy Poehler, star of NBC’s “Parks and Recreation,” asking a Best Buy employee “lots of questions.” Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmW8HCuLo8
3. Kraft enlists Tracy Morgan from NBC’s “30 Rock” to introduce its new Mio Fit water enhancing drops in a 30-second ad during the third quarter. Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/user/makeitmio?feature=watch
4. Hyundai Motor Group’s Kia invents a fanciful way that babies are made, blasting in from a baby planet in its “Space babies” ad for the 2014 Sorento crossover. Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/KiaMotorsAmerica?feature=watch
5. First-time advertiser Paramount Farms is touting its Wonderful Pistachios brand of nuts in a 30-second ad with Korean pop sensation Psy. The campaign: http://getcrackin.com/
6. First-time advertiser Axe shows a woman in the ocean getting rescued by a sexy lifeguard, but going for an astronaut instead. It promotes Axe’s new cologne “Apollo” and its contest to send someone on the first suborbital space tour in 2014. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGoU3VH7He4
7. Audi’s 60-second ad in the first quarter, with an ending voted on by viewers, shows a boy gaining confidence from driving his father’s Audi to the prom, kissing the prom queen and getting decked by the prom king. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANhmS6QLd5Q
8. PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay’s Doritos “Crash the Super Bowl” ads are back for the seventh straight year. Two 30-second commercials made by consumers will make it on the air. Fans voted for one winner and Doritos chose the other.
9. Ford Motor Co. enlisted late-night talk show host Jimmy Fallon to choose road trip stories submitted by Twitter with the hashtag (hash)steerthescript to base its Super Bowl commercial for Lincoln. The ad features rapper Joseph “Rev Run” Simmons, Wil Wheaton, who acted in the iconic science-fiction series “Star Trek: The Next Generation.”
10. The Milk Processor Education Program, known as MilkPep and popular for its “Got Milk?” print ads, is featuring actor and professional wrestler Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in a 30-second ad in the second quarter that is directed by Peter Berg (“Friday Night Lights.”)MORE IN Sports Wire
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed