• Fire displaces Berlin family
    By
     | March 02,2012
     

    BERLIN — A Berlin family was forced from its Chandler Road home by a grease fire Thursday afternoon.

    The Berlin Volunteer Fire Department was called to the scene at about 1:40 p.m. and was able to extinguish the flames. No one was injured.

    Berlin Fire Chief Miles Silk Jr. said the house was still standing and looked as though it could be repaired.

    The Vermont and New Hampshire Valley American Red Cross helped the family of three find lodging after the blaze. The family name was not available.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — Should elected officials be in the business of investigating the malfeasance of... Full Story
    BARRE — Central Vermont Home Health and Hospice has been selected as one of 140 hospice providers... Full Story
    BAXTER STATE PARK, Maine — When Jackson Spencer set out to tackle the Appalachian Trail, he... Full Story
    Appalachian Trail: More hikers, more problems
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS